Thursday, March 2, 2023

My 5 News Sources

 

 1. One Garden 

One Garden, though now acquired by Saga Plc, has to be my favorite channel that I get my news from because it is information put out for the curious. Although you have to pay a monthly subscription for it, I have received a lot of my knowledge from this news source. One Garden is a place where professional experts will post videos of their unique research and information that teaches and inspires others to think bigger. Such topics include information like how there is the largest volcanoes on Mars, Saturn, and Venus; or if the Earth's magnetic field is the reason we exist. There is even motivational videos that explain research of the power of our purpose in life, all by well renowned scientists and doctors. 

2. The Conservation 


The Conservation is another favorite news source of mine because you can find information about really anything here. It adds important information about every topic that matters in the current world and gives multiple credible opinions on these topics. Topics ranging anywhere from Art + Culture, Economy, Environment + Energy, Ethics + Religion, Health, Science, ect. My favorite topics to research are that of Environment + Energy and Ethics + Religion here. This site is very helpful for those who are pursuing an environmental science education like me, because The Conversation covers an even wider range of environmental topics, such as climate change, conservation, and keeping sustainable agriculture. 

3. TikTok 

TikTok is an interesting and popular social media platform to receive news from because it allows users to create and share short videos on a wide range of topics, from entertainment to education, humor to serious world matters and politics. TikTok's algorithm learns from users' preferences and suggests content that they are interested in. This is why I prefer my news from TikTok because I am able to get easy to understand information that is directed towards me without having to search for it. TikTok's short- form videos can provide quick and engaging ways to stay informed about current events and trending topics. 

4. EarthSky

EarthSky is an amazing news channel. I actually heard about EarthSky when I was on a mission trip in Lincoln, Nebraska. The member that was helping my group out around the church was an old man named Kent Reinhard. If you don't know who he is, he is actually one of the incredibly intelligent men who created the first Hubble Telescope for NASA years ago. In the two weeks I spent with him, I learned something incredible about our solar system every single day. After I left he asked if I wanted to sign up for his weekly email chain of sending cool facts about our earth and solar system, which I did. It now my favorite thing throughout the week when I get an email from him and generally it is a cool news article from EarthSky. Astronomy is one of my favorite hobbies so I use this site a lot to gaze at throughout the week. 

5. YouTube
Lastly, YouTube is my other favorite news source because I can look up a video about anything, and it will be on YouTube. When I need to know how to do something, the first place I go is YouTube. YouTube is the reason I passed Advanced Biology because I couldn't understand biology from my teachers lectures, I only could learn and understand something by watching the Amoeba sisters on YouTube, a short cartoon with catchy phrases and visuals about the chapters and general understanding of biology. YouTube always comes in handy when you need quick information or entertainment about anything. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post #12

 In What Ways Does Social Media Platforms Act as So-Called "Disruptive Technologies"?  Disruptive technologies are innovations tha...